Are you passionate about community and corporate philanthropy? You can join our team as a Corporate Engagement Specialist!
The Corporate Engagement Specialist is a key fundraising position that will assist in the achievement of the Market Foundation’s mission to nurture a thriving Market community by initiating new and managing established relationships, developing strategies for engagement and building a portfolio of corporate and Market merchant partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Director of Philanthropy and Communication Relations to develop an annual corporate engagement strategy and achieving fundraising goals for grants, corporate partnership and sponsorship.
- Steward and cultivate long-term, established corporate, foundation and Market business partnerships.
- Through prospecting and cultivating, look for opportunities for strategic partnerships to increase revenue and deepen relationships.
- Collaborate with the Market Foundation fundraising team on a coordinated solicitation plans for sponsorships, grants, corporate engagement, and Market engagement opportunities.
- Manage grant seeking opportunities including research, proposal writing, tracking and reporting requirements.
- Inform, inspire and engage employees and corporate donors in the Foundation’s mission through tours, special events and visits with program experts.
- Collaborate with the Market Foundation team to execute employee engagement events and provide public recognition for corporate partners.
- Maintain current, accessible information on assigned donors and track donor activity via the database (Raisers Edge/NXT); support donor customer service needs around invoicing, payments and matching gifts.
- Attend business networking and community events to build awareness.
- Serve as the staff for the Donor Engagement Committee.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- Creative professional with an outgoing and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to discover common values, goals and opportunities that align with our mission and the vision of corporate, foundation and merchant partners
- People skills and the ability to foster optimism, hope, compassion, and good humor in a fast-paced, open office environment in the middle of Pike Place Market
- Proven track record in securing significant sponsorships, contributions and/or sales partners and renewing and increasing partner investment over time
- Knowledge of and experience with community-centric fundraising, sales and marketing
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate clearly and effectively with both domestic and international audiences and colleagues. Proven ability to rapidly draft clear, concise, and culturally appropriate business correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with variable timelines, while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and data reporting skills, with emphasis on clear and concise executive-level communication.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or similar CRM software
- Minimum two years of experience in the non-profit sector, preferably in a development office or demonstrated interest in working for a mission-driven organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Pike Place Market Foundation offers a competitive salary starting at $60,000, a comprehensive benefits package, and a supportive and positive work environment. The benefits package includes a generous paid vacation program, personal leave and family leave. Pike Place Market Foundation pays 100% of health, dental and vision insurance for the employee; voluntary benefits include Section 125/FSA and long-term disability. We also offer a generous match (up to 3% of annual salary) to our retirement 403(b) plan. Healthy, happy staff are essential to our success, and we believe in flexibility to promote good life/work balance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letters and resume to email@example.com by 7/15/2022 for priority consideration. No phone calls please, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.