Are you passionate about community outreach and involvement? You can join our team as an Outreach Coordinator!
The Outreach Specialist position will assist in the achievement of the Market Foundation’s mission to nurture a thriving Market community by developing strong relationships with community members and coordinating outreach activities to promote awareness of and engagement with The Market Commons and the Foundation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement annual outreach plan. Activities include making regular announcements at community meetings, establishing one on one relationships with Market business owners and workers, and assessing outreach strategies per constituent population to ensure accessibility and equity.
- Co-Manage Program Evaluation. Activities include developing and implementing the Annual Community Needs Survey, facilitating Community Focus Groups, and compiling evaluation data for annual reporting needs.
- Execute Community Relations strategies. Activities include administrative and outreach support of the Market Merchant Roundtable, planning for the annual community event, and facilitating direct connection from community members to The Market Commons and Foundation.
- Administer Small Business Granting program. Activities include explaining goals and eligibility of the program, assisting with applicants through the application and reporting process, tracking progress of applications and filing reports.
- Develop trust and confidence in The Market Commons by engaging new and target populations to develop and maintain partnerships.
- Engage individuals through creative, resourceful strategies which build trust and confidence.
- Support community feedback activities by deploying tools, collecting data, synthesizing results, and highlighting stories of impact.
- Update spreadsheets to track outreach interactions, program details, and reporting criteria.
- Support day to day operations of The Market Commons including managing the program space and arrangement of chairs and tables, facilitating program registration, answering phone calls, and assisting with day to day cleaning.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Pike Place Market Foundation mission, vision, values, and scope of The Market Commons programs and represent the organization to community members and clients.
- Participate in and contribute to ongoing organizational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- Passionate community minded professional with the ability to build internal and external relationships with a variety of people.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to work effectively with people displaying a wide range and sometimes unpleasant behavior.
- Demonstrated experience networking, partnering, and communicating effectively with individuals, human service organizations, and community groups.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to work, and quickly adapt and pivot to changing needs in a good humored, fast-paced, on the go work environment in the middle of Pike Place Market.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with variable and often competing timelines, while meeting goals and deadlines.
- High emotional intelligence, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with and learn from people from different backgrounds.
- Experience in community outreach and demonstrated experience developing and managing key partners and relationships
- Demonstrated interest in working for a mission-driven organization and personally committed to equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Excellent time management skill and the ability to work independently, while maintaining good communication with a variety of team members.
- BA in Sociology, Community Organizing, another relevant degree, or commensurate work experience in the field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google, and Adobe products.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must show proof of COVID 19 vaccination.
Pike Place Market Foundation offers a competitive salary starting at $60,000, a comprehensive benefits package, and a supportive and positive work environment. The benefits package includes a generous paid vacation program, personal leave and family leave. Pike Place Market Foundation pays 100% of health, dental and vision insurance for the employee; voluntary benefits include Section 125/FSA and long-term disability. We also offer a generous match (up to 3% of annual salary) to our retirement 403(b) plan. Healthy, happy staff are essential to our success, and we believe in flexibility to promote good life/work balance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letters and resume to email@example.com by 5/13/2022 for priority consideration. No phone calls please, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.