Thank you for your interest in working with our team at the Pike Place Market Foundation!
The Communications Coordinator position develops and executes marketing, events, programs and donor communications strategies for the Pike Place Market Foundation. Primary duties include implementation of all communications, fundraising and community impact reports through print, email, online social media, mobile text and events.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains Market Foundation brand and messaging standards. Writes and produces print newsletters, blog posts, email campaigns, event collateral, video spots, advertisements and other donor communications.
- Develops social media content and executes campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Monitors activity and engagement and develops recommendations for integrating new strategies, tools and platforms.
- Manages the Market Foundation website using WordPress. Keeps images and information on the website current and relevant. Identifies opportunities for evolution of content and user interface. Manages Google Analytics, creates Google Ads, and continues to improve our search engine optimization strategy.
- Promotes The Market Foundation by representing the Foundation at community events, industry associations, or similar gatherings.
- Collaborates with program staff and partner agencies to create content, engage with community members and tell stories that demonstrate our impact in ways that are empowering, ethical and equitable.
- Works with the Event Manager to implement marketing and communications strategy
- Recruits, hires and manages communications interns and volunteers to expand upon our mission and impact.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated commitment to non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrates people skills and the ability to foster collaboration, inclusion, respect, optimism and gratitude in an ever-changing, open office environment in the middle of Pike Place Market.
- Communicates respectfully and effectively with the diversity of the Pike Place Market community, including senior residents, Market businesses and workers, social service agencies, and many more people from all walks of life. Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
- Proven skills and experience in the following areas: Exceptional writing, communication and public speaking; proficiency in social media engagement and analytics across a variety of platforms; Demonstrated photography skills and aptitude for oversight of design and video production projects; Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with a variety of stakeholders and competing deadlines.
- Interested in ensuring that marketing materials are written and communicated intentionally with diversity, equity, and inclusion for all peoples in mind.
- Must be able to work independently, and as part of a team, conduct analysis of programs and make recommendations about best practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Email Marketing Software, Adobe Creative Suite and Content Management Systems is required.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt position requiring occasional evening and weekend work. The salary is $48,000 to $52,000 annually, depending on experience.
In addition, the Pike Place Market Foundation offers the following benefits to full-time staff:
- Medical and dental insurance with the cost for employee coverage paid at 100% by the company and very competitive family rates
- Unlimited use ORCA pass for a small deduction per pay period
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) in the first calendar year (accrued by pay period)
- 10 days of personal leave each calendar year (accrued by pay period)
- 12 paid holidays (8 designated company holidays and 4 days of choice)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with a company match
How to Apply: Applications accepted until the position is filled. Internal applicants will be given priority. Please send cover letters and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4/23/2021 for priority consideration. No phone calls please, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.