POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Director position will assist in the achievement of the Market Foundation’s mission to nurture a thriving Market community by leading the effort to raise money and resources to achieve the Market Foundation’s grantmaking and community impact goals.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Donor Relations Specialist, Corporate Engagement Specialist, Contract Grant Writers and interns or volunteers associated with fundraising.
- Model and develop the capacity of board and staff members to participate in development by leading the execution of a strong, coordinated team effort through connecting with prospects and articulating the need and giving opportunities.
- Serve on the Foundation’s management team and participate in special projects as they arise.
- Oversee setting fundraising goals, developing strategies and analyzing the results.
- Serve as the primary staff for the board’s Donor Engagement Committee; responsible working with co-chairs to develop agendas, strategies and activities.
Fundraising: Lead the advancement of a strong, diversified fundraising program through annual and long-term strategies and implementation.
- Hold primary responsibility for strategy and interactions with major donors. Support ED and board in all major donor and prospect contacts.
- Identify prospective individuals and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Ensure cultivation and stewardship of past, current and prospective donors through personal visits, correspondence, timely gift acknowledgements, naming opportunities and impact reports.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Build Endowment giving campaign to enhance the current investment structure.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, tracking and reporting requirements.
- Oversee sponsorship strategy, manage assigned relationships and opportunities for events and programs.
- Oversee the Corporate Ambassador program.
- Leverage board and committee relationships to build new partnerships or grow existing ones.
- Cultivating relationships with current and prospective funders and supporters, especially individual donors.
- Collaborating on overall donor messaging with Community Relations Manager.
- Oversee donor engagement efforts to provide analytics and segmentation strategies.
- Work with the Event Manager to identify and implement a corporate sponsorship and individual giving strategies for events.
- Oversee strategy for patron level guests at all events.
- Work with the staff team to coordinate communication and event invitation plans. Work with the board/committee on engagement plans to leverage volunteer connections.
Systems and Finances:
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems including Raiser’s Edge and NXT.
- Participate in the planning, writing and reviewing of budgets.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- Creative professional with an outgoing and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to discover common values, goals and opportunities that align with our mission and all of our donors and partners.
- People skills and the ability to foster optimism, hope, compassion, and good humor in a fast-paced, open office environment in the middle of Pike Place Market.
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds, manage multiple projects with variable timelines, and meet goals and deadlines.
- Proven track record in securing significant contributions.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate clearly and effectively with audiences and colleagues.
- Proven ability to rapidly draft clear, concise, and culturally appropriate business correspondence.
- Strong analytical and data reporting skills, with emphasis on clear and concise executive-level communication.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or similar CRM software.
- Minimum two years of experience in the non-profit sector, preferably in a development office or demonstrated interest in working for a mission-driven organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt position requiring occasional evening and weekend work. The salary is $85,000 to $90,000 annually, depending on experience.
In addition, the Pike Place Market Foundation offers the following benefits to full-time staff:
- Medical and dental insurance with the cost for employee coverage paid at 100% by the company and very competitive family rates
- Unlimited use ORCA pass for a small deduction per pay period
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) in the first calendar year (accrued by pay period)
- 10 days of sick time each calendar year (accrued by pay period)
- 12 paid holidays (8 designated company holidays and 4 days of choice)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with a company match
How to Apply: Applications accepted until the position is filled. Internal applicants will be given priority. Please send cover letters and resume to Lillian.Sherman@pikeplacemarket.org by 3/10/2021 for priority consideration. No phone calls please, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working with our team at the Pike Place Market Foundation!