The Merchant Outreach Coordinator will support our Market Merchant community by managing the www.CharitableMarketplace.org (CM) site and working with Market Foundation Staff and Pike Place Market Merchants to optimize products, traffic, sales and community relations, while also assisting in integrating the CM into special events.
The Charitable Marketplace was created for Holiday 2020, when many Market Merchants were unable to sell in the Market and many shoppers were unable to come to the Market to do their shopping. The website is a central shopping source for Market businesses to sell items with a portion of proceeds benefiting the Pike Place Market Foundation. This new platform helps increase sales and visibility to our Market partners while being a fundraising source for our Market Recovery Fund.
This role will also help foster a new charitable Market program with the www.PikePlaceMarket.org .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Charitable Marketplace Outreach, Recruitment and Relationship Management:
- Recruit Market merchants and vendors
- Assist with sign-up process
- Provide troubleshooting and training as necessary
- Provide web traffic and click-through reporting to participating merchants
- Maintain tracking spreadsheet and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT. database updates for participating partners
- Review business and product pages, and work with merchants to optimize page (provide recommendations, troubleshoot, keywords/tags, etc.)
- Contribute to site refreshes of new products, businesses and themes in line with seasonal marketing strategies
- Provide recommendations to optimize SEO drive more traffic and visibility to the site
- Troubleshoot and report site issues
Special Events Merchant Integration and Donation Procurement:
- Work with Special Events Manager on integrating the CM into events procure donations/prizes for fundraising efforts from Market Merchant community
- Assist with managing special Market promotions around events (e.g. restaurant sign-ups), etc.
Assist with www.PikePlaceMarket.org website launch with charitable element
Provide excellent customer service to Charitable Marketplace partners and all Market community members
Collaborate with Market Foundation volunteers, staff and fellow interns as necessary
Contribute to social media campaigns for Charitable Marketplace and Special Events
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communications skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to document and manage multiple relationships and projects at once
- Web-platform and internet savvy with ability to learn custom retail platform and provide troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and Google Analytics and willingness to learn reporting and techniques.
- Ability to be proactive and work independently with a “can-do attitude”
- Professional and courteous demeanor at all times with public, donors and co-workers
- Pike Place Market work and community experience and relationships preferred.
HOURS & SALARY: Seasonal (Mother’s Day, Sunset Supper Dine & Donate, 50th Anniversary, Holiday); $17/hr. flexible schedule; between 15-25 hours a week. This is a temporary, contract position.
DATES: March – January 2022
REPORTS TO: Events Manager
CLOSING DATE: March 10, 2021
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Due to the pandemic, most of the Market Foundation staff are primarily working from home, with some in-office work as needed. This position will require reliable at-home internet and the ability to participate in Zoom calls as scheduled. You will have the option to use your own at-home computer/laptop or a Market Foundation provided laptop.
This position will also require regular in-person outreach at Pike Place Market (gathering and distributing materials, building relationships, etc.). Schedule is flexible based on needs and may include weekends to reach the most vendors. We ask that you monitor your health and possible coronavirus exposure and take utmost caution when/if interacting with the public. Masks must be worn at all times at the Market, with regular hand washing and sanitary best practices.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working with The Market Foundation and your relevant experience to: Tiffany.Hitt@pikeplacemarket.org
Thank you for your interest in working with our team at the Pike Place Market Foundation!