TITLE: Corporate Engagement Specialist
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
The Pike Place Market Foundation nurtures a thriving Market and community so that everyone within it has the opportunity to live their best life possible. Established in 1982, the Market Foundation has granted more than $31 Million to provide housing, healthcare, healthy food, childcare and a community of support to our most vulnerable neighbors. Over the past 37 years, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that allows a diverse community to live and thrive at Seattle’s historic Market.
Learn more: pikeplacemarketfoundation.org
The Corporate Engagement Specialist position will assist in raising funds for the Market Foundation’s mission to nurture a thriving Market community by initiating new and managing established relationships, developing strategies for engagement and building a portfolio of corporate and Market merchant partners.
- Steward and cultivate long-term, established corporate and foundation partnerships as well as Market businesses.
- Through prospecting and cultivating, look for opportunities for strategic partnerships to increase revenue and deepen relationships.
- Work with the Market Foundation team on a coordinated solicitation plan for sponsorships, grants, corporate engagement, and Market activities.
- Inform, inspire and engage employees and corporate donors in the Foundation’s mission through tours, special events and visits with program experts.
- Collaborate with the Market Foundation team to execute employee engagement events and provide public recognition for corporate partners.
- Partner with our Event Manager on vendor recruitment and event engagement opportunities for corporate and Market partners.
- Collaborate with Development Manager/Grant Writers to develop compelling grant proposals and reports.
- Maintain current, accessible information on assigned donors and track donor activity via the database (Raisers Edge/NXT); support donor customer service needs around invoicing, payments and matching gifts.
- Attend business networking and community events to build awareness.
- Consistently achieve established annual income goals.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- Creative professional with an outgoing and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to discover common values, goals and opportunities that align with our mission and the vision of corporate, foundation and merchant partners.
- People skills and the ability to foster optimism, hope, compassion, and good humor in a fast-paced, open office environment in the middle of Pike Place Market.
- Proven track record in securing significant sponsorships, contributions and/or sales partners and renewing and increasing partner investment over time
- Experience with fundraising or sponsorships.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate clearly and effectively with both domestic and international audiences and colleagues. Proven ability to rapidly draft clear, concise, and culturally appropriate business correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with variable timelines, while meeting goals and deadlines
- Strong analytical and data reporting skills, with emphasis on clear and concise executive-level communication
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or similar CRM software
- Minimum two years of experience in the non-profit sector, preferably in a development office or demonstrated interest in working for a mission-driven organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt position requiring occasional evening and weekend work. The salary is $48,000 to $52,000 annually, depending on experience.
In addition, the Pike Place Market Foundation offers the following benefits to full-time staff:
- Medical and dental insurance with the cost for employee coverage paid at 100% by the company and very competitive family rates
- Unlimited use ORCA pass for a small deduction per pay period
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) in the first calendar year (accrued by pay period)
- 10 days of sick time each calendar year (accrued by pay period)
- 12 paid holidays (9 designated company holidays and 3 days of choice)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with a company match
How to Apply: Applications accepted until the position is filled. Internal applicants will be given priority.
Please send cover letters and resume to Christi.firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/04/2020 for priority consideration. No phone calls please, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.