The Resource Outreach Coordinator position will assist in the achievement of the Market Foundation’s mission to nurture a thriving Market community by engaging community members in programs offered through The Market Commons and coordinating outreach activities to promote resource awareness and maintain positive relationships with the surrounding neighborhood.
- Responsible for greeting visitors, answering questions, assessing needs and coordinating information and referrals for social services while maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- Engage individual clients through creative, resourceful strategies which build trust and confidence.
- Co-Manage the facilitation and cultivation of weekly programs and activities.
- Develop trust and confidence in The Market Commons by engaging new and target populations to develop and maintain partnerships.
- Develop and implement annual outreach plan. Activities include making regular announcements at Community meetings, determining monthly content themes, and assessing outreach strategies per constituent population to ensure accessibility and equity.
- Produce flyers and communications to promote programs and activities, including updating the online calendar, maintaining community boards, and meeting with partner agency staff.
- Update spreadsheets to track guest inquiries, program hours and attendance.
- Co-Manage Program Evaluation. Activities include developing and implementing the Annual Community Needs Survey, facilitating Community Focus Groups, and compiling evaluation data for annual reporting needs.
- Support the administration of Seasonal Tangible Goods Drives and Annual Giving Tree Drive by tracking and sorting donations and communicating with volunteers and donors.
- Co-Manage day to day operations of The Market Commons including managing the program space and arrangement of chairs and tables, facilitating program registration, and assisting with day to day cleaning.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Pike Place Market Foundation mission, vision, values, and scope of The Market Commons programs and represent the organization to community members and clients.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- Passionate community minded social service professional with the ability to build internal and external relationships with a variety of people.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to work effectively with people displaying a wide range and sometimes unpleasant behavior.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to work, and quickly adapt and pivot to changing needs in a good humored, fast-paced, on the go work environment in the middle of Pike Place Market.
- Demonstrated experience networking, partnering, and communicating effectively with individuals, human service organizations, and community groups.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with variable and often competing timelines, while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with clients, while keeping up internal communication and collaboration to ensure a wrap-around approach to client engagement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Working knowledge of In Design preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in human services, preferably with experience in resource coordination.
- Demonstrated interest in working for a mission-driven organization and personally committed to equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- As frontline staff, this position requires excellent attendance and punctuality.
- AA or BA in Social Services or another relevant degree, or commensurate work experience.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
The Pike Place Market Foundation offers the following benefits to full-time staff:
- Employer covered Medical and dental insurance at 100% the cost for employee and competitive rates for family members
- Unlimited use ORCA pass for a small deduction per pay period
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) in the first calendar year (accrued by pay period)
- 10 days of sick time each calendar year (accrued by pay period)
- 12 paid holidays (9 designated company holidays and 3 days of choice)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with a company match
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1/31/2020 for priority consideration. No phone calls please.