Join us next Winter/Spring as a Digital Media Intern and help us spread the word of the Market community!
POSITION TITLE: Pike Place Market Foundation Digital Media Intern
HOURS & SALARY: 12 hours/week, flexible schedule Mon – Fri, hours between 8am to 5pm
DATES: Winter/Spring 2020 (February – May; start and end dates are flexible.)
REPORTS TO: Communications Coordinator
CLOSING DATE: December 15th, 2019
Pike Place Market Foundation nurtures a thriving Market community so that everyone within it has the opportunity to live their best life possible. Established in 1982, the Market Foundation has granted more than $31 Million to provide housing, healthcare, healthy food, childcare and a community of support to our most vulnerable neighbors. Over the past 37 years, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that allows a diverse community to live and thrive at Seattle’s historic Market. Learn more:
The Digital Media Intern is an opportunity to help manage and implement the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn communications strategies, as well as contribute to our overall digital communications strategy. This will extend both to the Market Foundation and The Market Commons’ social media and digital platforms. This role will allow you to connect with the Market community, talking to and writing posts about Market vendors, residents, workers and community service members, and more. This position may also help promote events, fundraisers, and other campaigns by the Market Foundation and The Market Commons. Depending on skills and experience, this position may also aid in our web analytics and Google Ads account to help optimize our overall online presence.
This is an unpaid internship and is intended for college credit. Please refer to your school’s policies, requirements and process for credit eligibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help manage and implement content for the social media pages of the Market Foundation and The Market Commons
- Interview and photograph Market community members and event for stories and social media posts
- Monitor our Google Analytics for both the Market Foundation and The Market Commons and prepare recommendations for optimizing our web reach
- Develop Google Ads for SEO optimization
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Interest in digital and social media and how to maximize optimization
- Proficient in social media platforms, strategies and campaigns
- Photography skills required and knowledge of graphic design programs preferred.
- Preference given to applicants who have demonstrated nonprofit experience or interest.
- Some proficiency in Google Analytics and Google Ads is preferred, or at least sufficient knowledge in learning new digital platforms
- Ability to be proactive and work independently with a “can-do attitude”.
- Professional and courteous demeanor at all times with public, donors and co-workers.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and short statement of interest (1-2 paragraphs is sufficient) describing your desire in working with The Market Foundation and your relevant experience to: Communications Coordinator Alejandro Valdivieso at Alejandro.Valdivieso@pikeplacemarket.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with our team at the Pike Place Market Foundation!
. No phone calls please, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.