POSITION TITLE: MarketFront Outreach Intern
HOURS & SALARY: 30 hours/week. Includes week day and weekend hours. $500/month stipend & Orca pass provided.
DATES: Summer 2019 (May–September; start and end dates are flexible.)
REPORTS TO: Community Relations Manager
CLOSING DATE: April 19, 2019
BACKGROUND: Pike Place Market Foundation supports the soul of the Market – its people. By helping our neighbors who work, learn and live in and around the Market, the Foundation nurtures a thriving Market community. Established in 1982, The Market Foundation has granted more than $30 Million to provide housing, healthcare, healthy food, childcare and a community of support to our most vulnerable neighbors. Over the past 36 years, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that allows a diverse community to live and thrive here at Pike Place Market: www.pikeplacemarketfoundation.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: Outreach interns at Pike Place Market Foundation help raise vital funds by selling pig pins and promoting donor naming opportunities of Market Charms and Bronze Hoofprint on the new MarketFront expansion. This position also assists existing donors in finding their Charms and Hoofprints and educating the public about the Market and our mission to support a community of services and housing for low-income people at Pike Place Market. Interns will also create and manage social media campaigns across a variety of platforms. This internship offers a unique opportunity to be part of a successful fundraising campaign that has raised $9.3 million to date. Learn more at www.pikeup.org
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up, break down and management of the summer outreach booth on the MarketFront
- Promote donation opportunities and the mission of Pike Place Market Foundation
- Provide excellent donor relations and customer service to MarketFront visitors
- Collaborate with other volunteers, staff and Market merchants
- Create and execute social media campaign for Market Charms
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to be proactive and work independently with a “can-do attitude”.
- Professional and courteous demeanor at all times with public, donors and co-workers.
- Proficient in social media platforms, strategies and campaigns
- Preference given to applicants who have nonprofit volunteer experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires the ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Some physical labor is required for setting and breaking down the outreach booth and standing on your feet or sitting on a stool for multiple hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working with The Market Foundation and your relevant experience to: Alejandro Valdivieso at Alejandro.Valdivieso@pikeplacemarket.org
Thank you for your interest in working with our team at the Pike Place Market Foundation!