The Market Foundation is currently looking for a office volunteer to join us a couple days a week! Keep reading for more information. If you are interested click here to head over to our volunteer page and fill out the form there with your information and remember to mention that you are interested in this position.
The Market Foundation’s office volunteer helps with donation processing and entry. In addition to fundraising events and grants, the Market Foundation is supported by individual donors. We receive contributions throughout the year but experience “high volume” periods following special mailings, events and at year-end. These “high volume” periods generally extend for a three or four week period each quarter and with our Pike Up! campaign and Grand Opening in June this spring season promises to be very busy! You will work in our donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to ensure all gift processing and entry is up-to-date each week, and work to support other organizational efforts: assist with mailings, outreach local businesses, advertise events, etc.
Desirable qualifications & experience
- We use Raiser’s Edge to track donations so the bulk of the work is data entry. Familiarity with donor database software is a plus but not required as training will be provided.
- This job requires attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and general office equipment is preferred.
- The time commitment would be 4-6 hours 1 or 2 days a week Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday (day to be determined) between 10:00am and 4:00pm based upon your preference.
- We would appreciate a 4-6 month commitment but we are flexible and willing to work with your schedule
- Optional – we have occasional evening events that need additional volunteer help (Arcade Lights 3/24, Grand Opening 6/29, Sunset Supper 8/18 – must be 21+ to participate)
You will have a desk, computer, and a small work space. Our office consists of 9 full-time staff and volunteers float in and out. Working in Pike Place Market means our office can be noisy & distracting but you will love the community! Perks – free bus pass or parking passes will be provided.
Once again, if you are interested then click here to head over to our volunteer page. Once there fill out the form and mention your interest in the office volunteer position.