Pike Place Market Foundation is currently hiring for one AmeriCorps VISTA position – Pike Place Market Neighborhood Center Coordinator.
Created more than a century ago Pike Place Market is a beloved Seattle treasure encompassing a nine-acre Market Historic District. The Market’s human service agencies currently serve 11,000 clients each year, but demand for services continues to grow. The two-zip-code area that surrounds Pike Place Market houses over 23,000 people and employs over 200,000. Yet, as a neighborhood, downtown Seattle faces greater economic challenges than the rest of the city: 18.9% of residents in 98101 and 16.9% in 98121 live in poverty, much higher than the 11.8% rate across all of King County. In 2014, a former VISTA conducted a Community Needs Assessment which included input from over 1,000 clients, residents and service providers within Pike Place Market.
This Assessment informed us that expanded programming is a significant priority within our community. In 2017, we will be opening a new Neighborhood Center to address this demand. Our goal with the Neighborhood Center Coordinator VISTA position is to build on the information already gathered to create an effective data management and evaluation system. This VISTA position will increase our capacity to further inform, implement, and evaluate our social service and community building programming activities within the new Neighborhood Center.
This position offers a unique opportunity for an individual with interests in social service development, community outreach, non-profit fundraising, and project/program management to gain hands-on experience while helping Pike Place Market Foundation increase our ability to engage our community.
This position will be responsible for:
- Building on the Community Needs Assessment to develop and distribute a follow-up assessment of social service needs
- Gathering data and information to inform recommendations for programming activities
- Creating a communication strategy for sharing programming information between community partners, as well as to community members,
- Developing and implementing a system for tracking participation in Neighborhood Center activities
- Creating an evaluation strategy for programming effectiveness that builds in feedback from participants
- Gathering participation data and evaluation information in an organized document to inform programming recommendations and outreach strategies
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Position is opened until filled.
Application deadline: October 7, 2016.