Pike Place Producers, the organization comprising Pike Place Market artists, is hiring a volunteer for the summer to help produce Behind the Table, a benefit for the Market artists, farmers, and residents in our community. This is an amazing opportunity for those who are interested in planning an amazing event, working with a fabulous, dedicated group, and who passionate about Pike Place Market.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Community Event Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Pike Place Producers’ Behind The Table Event Team
- Volunteer Position set in the heart of Pike Place Market
- Assisting Event Procurement Lead with data entry and collection
- Community Outreach
- Minimal copy writing and photo editing
- Real world experience
- Helping and interacting with an eclectic community of artists- the ultimate opportunity to develop people skills
- Public service/Community activism
- Gain intimate knowledge and presence in the Pike Place Market community
- Opportunity for recommendations and references working with a large, established non-profit
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALITIES:
- Superior computer skills
- Outgoing personality
- Able to communicate effectively with many different kinds of people
- Good grasp of the English language
- Has access to personal computer and workspace
- Self-motivated and able to work within deadlines
REQUESTED TIME COMMITMENT:
- July and August: 8-10 hours/week
- September 1 to October 19th: 15-20 hours/week
- October 20, 21, 22: All day
ABOUT US AND THE EVENT: Behind The Table: Meet the Artisans of Pike Place Market is an exciting event in its 3rd year. This event, taking place this year on October 21st in the Market Economy Atrium Building, will include a large silent and live auction, dinner, drinks and entertainment. All proceeds from this event will directly benefit The Market Community Safety Net. The Safety Net is a fund that provides financial assistance to any member of the market community in time of great need. It is administered by The Market Foundation and is available to any person working or living within Pike Place Market.
Behind The Table is hosted by Pike Place Producers, a group of fiercely dedicated volunteers within the Market community, and sponsored by The Pike Place Market Foundation and The PDA.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit Statement of Interest and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply by May 30th.