PIKE PLACE MARKET FOUNDATION POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
TITLE: Donor Relations Coordinator DATE: March 2015
SALARY: Full-time position. Salary DOE; annual increases based upon satisfactory performance.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, LTD, retirement plan, vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
The Pike Place Market Foundation (PPMF) works to preserve the diversity and traditions of the Pike Place Market community by raising more than a $1 million annually to support: 1) the operation of services in the Market which benefit downtown Seattle’s nearly 10,000 low-income and senior residents, including the Market’s Clinic, Senior Center, Preschool, and Food Bank. Additionally, funds are raised to support the start-up of new human service programs, low-income housing in the Market neighborhood, and public improvements within the Market historical district; and Market historic preservation projects including the current MarketFront Campaign. The Foundation has 9 staff members and 40+board members. For more information, visit www.pikeplacemarketfoundation.org.
The Donor Relations Coordinator position will assist in the implementation of the agency’s goals and strategic plans for fundraising and be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the donor database and stewardship activities for the PPMF.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Database Management and Donor Stewardship
- Accurately enters gift and constituent data into the agency’s donor database systems at 97%+ accuracy level.
- Serve as primary contact for Blackbaud
- Maintains files relating to donor records and gift processing and gift acknowledgement.
- Assists in the creation and execution of all donation appeals.
- Creates and maintains various reports and tracking systems.
- Provides excellent customer service to donors and agency staff through all forms of communication, with a focus on cultivating strong and positive relationships.
- Draft personalized mission-focused stewardship letters, the annual report and communication as needed.
- Maintains and updates planning calendars, while ensuring that all deadlines are communicated and met.
- Maintains and support all activities involving donor moves management tracking and coordination with assigned solicitors.
- Assists in all special events, focusing on donation and cash handling systems.
- Assists in other special projects as needed.
- Serve as main contact for office volunteers recruited to assist with donation entry (includes training and scheduling projects/tasks)
Finances and office operations
- Work with the Market Foundation bookkeeper to manage the Market Foundation’s financial reporting.
- Generate the monthly income reports (for all gift sources) via Raisers Edge
- Assist with tracking overall expenses and the creation of the annual budget
- Serve as the foster parent for “Rachel” and “Billie” piggy banks – collect and deposit donations
- Oversee office machines, technology and office supplies
- Assist with the annual audit, as required.
- Assist with board meeting logistics and record keeping for the board.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated commitment to non-profit organizations and ability to foster energy, hope, compassion, and good humor in a challenging environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Black baud’s Raiser’s Edge Software required.
- Minimum two years of experience in the non-profit sector, preferably in a development office.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor-centered fundraising.
- Knowledge of accounting practices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position requires good vision and hearing for computer and telephone work. The office is wheelchair accessible. The ability to lift twenty-five pounds is necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume, cover letter and references describing your interest in the Pike Place Market Foundation and this position to:
Pike Place Market Foundation
85 Pike Street, #500
Seattle, WA 98101
Closing Date: March 24, 2015