Join us this summer as a Special Events Intern!
POSITION TITLE: Special Events Intern
HOURS & SALARY:
- May/June – Part-time (20-30 hours/week). – Ideally available to help at Spring fundraising event Fête le Market on Thursday, May 16th as introductory event.
- July & August – full time (40+ hours/week).
- Includes some evening hours.
- $2,000 stipend & bus pass provided.
- Must be 21 years of age by August 16th to apply.
DATES: Summer 2019 (May–September; start and end dates can be discussed)
REPORTS TO: Special Events Manager
CLOSING DATE: April 3rd, 2019
The Pike Place Market Foundation is a non-profit organization located in the heart of Seattle, in Pike Place Market. The Market Foundation helps the Market nurture a thriving, caring community. Through community-building, fundraising, and advocacy, the Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that supports a diverse community in Pike Place Market. Read more about how we’re supporting a network of services in our community of over 11,000 low-income seniors and families: www.pikeplacemarketfoundation.org.
The Market Foundation’s summer intern assists with the planning and production of our largest fundraising event of the year, Sunset Supper at Pike Place Market, which will be held on August 16, 2019. Sunset Supper features food & beverages served by 100 of Seattle’s top restaurants, wineries, breweries and beverage companies. The event takes place in historic Pike Place overlooking Elliott Bay and attracts more than 1,500 guests. Entertainment includes live music and dancing, raffles and a Seattle’s most unique party atmosphere. http://pikeplacemarketfoundation.org/events/sunset-supper/
This internship offers a unique opportunity for a hands-on role in event planning, fundraising, gift procurement, marketing, and project management to gain experience producing a large, complex charitable event.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Raffle procurement & organization: Request in-kind donations from local businesses for Sunset Supper raffle items. Track and organize donations for the event.
- Data entry: record information about guests, vendors, and volunteers in donor database (training provided)
- Vendor recruitment: Research potential businesses to participate as vendor, communicate and recruit vendors through professional and assertive communication via email, phone and in-person.
- Digital marketing: create and execute event marketing campaigns on social media and third-party websites.
- Inventory management: take detailed inventory of supplies and assist in ordering/procuring supplies needed
- Event logistics: assist in coordinating various site-related logistics.
- Attend event-related meetings and trainings (some evenings required)
- Excellent administrative, oral and written communications, proofreading skills.
- Comfortable interacting with the public, in-person and on-phone.
- Able to ask people and businesses for things (donations, participation, etc.)
- Ability to be proactive and work independently with a “can-do attitude”.
- Maintain the highest attention to detail.
- Professional and courteous demeanor at all times with public, donors and co-workers.
- Computer processing skills including MS Office (Excel is a must!) required.
- Preference given to applicants who have non-profit volunteer experience.
- Sunset Supper is a 21 & over event; as the intern is required to work at the event, s/he must be over 21 years of age as of 8/16/2019.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position requires good vision and hearing for computer and telephone work. The ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds is helpful. A reasonable level of physical fitness is desirable; some physical labor is required for event and intern will make deliveries to downtown restaurants, often on foot.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working with The Market Foundation and your relevant experience to: Tiffany Swanson firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with the Pike Place Market Foundation!