We’re hiring a Donor Relations Specialist! The Donor Relations Specialist position will assist in the achievement of the agency’s mission to nurture a thriving Market Community by working toward fundraising goals and being responsible for the coordination of the donor database and stewardship activities for the Foundation.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Christi.firstname.lastname@example.org.
TITLE: Donor Relations Specialist
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
The Donor Relations Specialist position will assist in the achievement of the agency’s mission to nurture a thriving Market Community by working toward fundraising goals and being responsible for the coordination of the donor database and stewardship activities for the Foundation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Donor Strategic Analysis
- Implement and maintain process for strategic donor analysis to gain insight into donor trends, loyalty, conversion and growth potential.
- Develop and manage regular executive reports and dashboards for PPMF staff and board.
Donor Relations & Communication
- Provides excellent customer service to donors and agency staff through all forms of communication, with a focus on cultivating strong and positive relationships.
- Maintains and support all activities involving donor moves management tracking and coordination with assigned solicitors.
- Works closely with Communications Coordinator to ensure accurate and effective communication to donor segments.
- Drafts personalized mission-focused stewardship and is responsible for processing gift acknowledgement letters.
- Coordination of special event guest list creation, invitation and RSVP management and follow up.
- Manages key day-of event logistics for guests including: event entry, registration, nametags, etc.
- Manages process for Board & Committee meeting preparation and taking minutes at meetings.
- Manages accurate gift and constituent data entry into the agency’s donor database systems at the highest level of accuracy.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated commitment to non-profit organizations with people skills and the ability to foster energy, hope, compassion, and good humor in a challenging environment.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge Software required.
- Minimum two years of experience in the non-profit sector, preferably in a development office.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor-centered fundraising.
- Strong analytical and data reporting skills, with emphasis on clear and concise executive-level communication.
- Ability to effectively lead groups of volunteers and delegate tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.