PIKE PLACE MARKET FOUNDATION
TITLE: Communications & Volunteer Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Community Relations Manager
DATE POSTED: March 22, 2018
The Communications & Volunteer Coordinator position develops and executes Pike Place Market Foundation’s marketing and donor communications strategies and recruits and manages volunteers for annual events. Primary duties include implementation of all communications, fundraising and volunteer campaigns through print, email, online social media, mobile text and events.
SALARY: DOE. Full-time, exempt position. Annual increases based upon satisfactory performance.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, LTD, retirement plan, vacation, sick, holiday leave.
Pike Place Market Foundation supports the heart and soul of the Market – its people. By helping our neighbors who work, learn and live in and around the Market, the Foundation helps the Market we love remain a thriving, caring community. Established in 1982, The Market Foundation has granted more than $27 Million to provide housing, healthcare, healthy food, childcare and a community of support to our most vulnerable neighbors. Over the past 36 years, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that allows a diverse community to live and thrive here at Pike Place Market. The Market Foundation has 9 staff members and 45 board members. For more information, visit www.pikeplacemarketfoundation.org.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains The Market Foundation brand standards. Writes and produces print newsletters, blog posts, email campaigns, event collateral, advertisements and other donor communications;
- Develops social media content and executes campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Monitors activity and engagement and develops recommendations for integrating new strategies, tools and platforms.
- Manages website using WordPress. Keeps images and information on the website current and relevant. Identifies opportunities for evolution of content and user interface;
- Provides front-desk customer service for office visitors and responds to The Market Foundation general inquiry emails and phone calls.
- Advises The Market Commons staff on outreach and communications strategies to engage community members in programs and activities hosted in the neighborhood center.
- Promotes The Market Foundation by representing the Foundation at community events, industry associations, or similar gatherings.
- Develops and executes donor segmentation strategies across mail, email, social media and text campaigns.
- Works with the Event Manager to implement marketing and communications strategy and procure and manage volunteers for events.
- Assists with data entry and donor acknowledgement processes as needed
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated commitment to non-profit organizations and an ability to foster energy, hope, compassion, and good humor in a challenging environment
- An ability to advocate and negotiate strategically and effectively with a wide range of people in a variety of settings and possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
- Proven skills and experience in the following areas: Exceptional writing, communication and public speaking; proficiency in social media engagement and analytics across a variety of platforms; Demonstrated photography skills and aptitude for oversight of design and video production projects; Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with a variety of stakeholders and competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize a complicated event project with numerous inputs and variables and lead teams of people to accomplish this task under time pressure and in a chaotic environment.
- Must be able to work independently, and as part of a team, conduct analysis of programs and make recommendations about best practices.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email Content Management Systems, Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress is required.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining your relevant qualifications and interest in working with Pike Place Market Foundation to: Patricia Gray, Community Relations Manager at email@example.com.