Come help us make this summer’s events at Pike Place Market a smashing success as our Special Events Intern!
The Pike Place Market Foundation is a non-profit organization located in the heart of Seattle, in Pike Place Market. The Market Foundation helps the Market you love remain a thriving, caring community. Through community-building, fundraising, and advocacy, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that supports a diverse community in Pike Place Market. Read more about how we’re supporting a network of services in our community of over 11,000 low-income seniors and families: www.pikeplacemarketfoundation.org.
The Market Foundation’s summer intern assists with the planning and production of our largest fundraising event of the year, Sunset Supper at the Market, which will be held on August 17, 2018. Sunset Supper features food & beverages served by over 90 top Seattle restaurants, wineries, breweries and beverage companies. The event takes place in historic Pike Place overlooking Elliott Bay and attracts more than 1,500 guests. Entertainment includes live music and dancing, raffles and a great party atmosphere. https://pikeplacemarketfoundation.org/events/sunset-supper/
This internship offers a unique opportunity for a hands-on role in event planning, fundraising, volunteer coordination, marketing, and project management to gain experience producing a large, complex charitable event.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Raffle procurement & organization: Request in-kind donations from local businesses for Sunset Supper raffle items. Track and organize donations for the event.
- Volunteer management: recruit and communicate with volunteers prior to the event; serve as primary point of contact for event volunteer team (about 200 volunteers).
- Data entry: record information about guests, vendors, and volunteers in donor database (training provided)
- Digital marketing: create and execute event marketing campaigns on social media and third-party websites.
- Event logistics: assist in coordinating various site-related logistics.
- Attend event-related meetings and trainings (some evenings required)
- Excellent administrative, oral and written communications, proofreading skills.
- Comfortable interacting with the public, in-person and on-phone.
- Ability to be proactive and work independently with a “can-do attitude”.
- Maintain the highest attention to detail.
- Professional and courteous demeanor at all times with public, donors and co-workers.
- Computer processing skills including MS Office (Excel is a must!) required.
- Preference given to applicants who have nonprofit volunteer experience.
- Sunset Supper is a 21 & over event; as the intern is required to work at the event, s/he must be over 21 years of age as of 8/17/2018.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires good vision and hearing for computer and telephone work. The ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds is helpful. A reasonable level of physical fitness is desirable; some physical labor is required for event and intern will make deliveries to downtown restaurants, often on foot.
HOURS & SALARY: June – Part-time (20-30 hours/week). July & August – full time (40+ hours/week). Includes some evening hours. $2,000 stipend & bus pass provided. Must be 21 years of age by August 17th to apply.
DATES: Summer 2018 (May–September; start and end dates are flexible.)
REPORTS TO: Special Events Manager & Special Events Coordinator
CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working with The Market Foundation and your relevant experience to: Lindsey Falkenburg at Lindsey.Falkenburg@pikeplacemarket.org
Thank you for your interest in working with the Pike Place Market Foundation!