What started as a tiny, boisterous parade on the cobblestone street in the Market on October 30, 2014 to raise spirit and support for an expanded Pike Place Market concluded on January 1, 2018 with the MarketFront complete and thousands of new supporters dedicated to the future of Seattle’s historic Market. Thank you to our project partners, sponsors and more than 6,200 Pike Up! supporters for making this 40-year dream for the Market come true.
Here are the final results everyone can be proud of:
- Grand total of $9,345,493 donated between from October 30, 2014 – January 1, 2018 to support the expansion of the Market, including low-income housing for seniors and a new neighborhood center
- 6,204 donors contributed gifts ranging from $500,000 to $1; 85% of Pike Up! donors are new supporters to the Pike Place Market Foundation
- 8,089 Market Charms, 443 Bronze Hoofprints, 99 Mosaic Fish were inscribed with names and personal messages that will go down in Market history for generations.
- $5,890,000 dedicated to building the MarketFront expansion
- $526,814 new public art created and installed on the MarketFront: “Northwest Microcosm” by Clare Dohna and “Western Tapestry” by John Fleming.
- $705,000 dedicated to building and opening The Market Commons, a new community resource center for the Market community. [link]
- $110,000 funded furnishings for 40 residents in the new Western Avenue Senior Housing
- $793,872 dedicated to future investment and expansion of social service expansion in the Market community
This concludes the most-successful campaign to-date for Pike Place Market. Thank you from all of us at the Pike Place Market Foundation
And, it’s not too late to join the legacy of Pike Place Market. Market Charms and Bronze Hoofprints are still available until sold out. All proceeds support the future needs of community services in Pike Place Market.