**EDIT: We have closed the application process for this position**
POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator
DATE POSTED: December 2016
SALARY: $40,000 DTE. Full-time, exempt position. Annual increases based upon satisfactory performance.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, LTD, retirement plan, vacation, sick, holiday leave.
REPORTS TO: Capital Campaign/PR & Marketing Manager of the Market Foundation
Pike Place Market Foundation supports the heart and soul of the Market – its people. By helping our neighbors who work, learn and live in and around the Market, the Foundation helps the Market we love remain a thriving, caring community. Established in 1982, The Market Foundation has granted more than $26 Million to provide housing, healthcare, healthy food, childcare and a community of support to our most vulnerable neighbors. Over the past 34 years, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that allows a diverse community to live and thrive here at Pike Place Market. The Market Foundation has 10 staff members and 36 board members. For more information, visit www.pikeplacemarketfoundation.org.
The Communications Coordinator position will execute The Market Foundation’s marketing goals and donor communications strategies, and be responsible for the daily coordination of communications and community relations for The Market Foundation. Primary duties include implementation of all fundraising and donor communication campaigns through online, print, social media, and special events.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Communications & Marketing
- Maintains Market Foundation brand standards. Writes and produces print newsletters, blog, e-newsletters, event collateral material, advertisements and other donor communications;
- Develops social media content and executes campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Monitors activity and engagement and develops recommendations for integrating new tools or platforms;
- Manages website using WordPress CMS. Keeps images and information on the website current and relevant. Identifies opportunities for evolution of content and user interface;
- Provides front-desk customer service for office visitors; Coordinates outreach and communications materials for our new Neighborhood Center opening in 2017.
- Promotes The Market Foundation by representing the Foundation at community events, industry associations, or similar gatherings.
- Executes donor segmentation strategies across email and mail campaigns;
- Works with the Event Manager to implement marketing and communications strategy and provide logistical support for events as needed;
- Assists with data entry and donor acknowledgement processes as needed;
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
DESIRABLE WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
1. The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated commitment to non-profit organizations and an ability to foster energy, hope, compassion, and good humor in a challenging environment.
2. An ability to advocate and negotiate strategically and effectively with a wide range of people in a variety of settings and possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
3. Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing and three to five years of experience is preferred.
4. Proven skills and experience in the following areas: Exceptional writing, communication and public speaking; proficiency in social media engagement and analytics across a variety of platforms; Demonstrated photography skills and aptitude for oversight of design and video production projects; Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with a variety of stakeholders and competing deadlines.
5. Must be able to work independently, and as part of a team, conduct analysis of programs and make recommendations about best practices.
4. Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress is required.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining your relevant qualifications and interest in working with Pike Place Market Foundation to: Lillian Sherman, Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is January 9, 2017.